Publications and Accepted Manuscripts:
“Executives' tax-advantaged trusts and IPO outcomes” with Michael Dambra and Matthew Gustafson. 2018.
- Conditionally accepted at The Accounting Review
- Presented at 2017 UNC Tax Symposium, 2017 Conference on the Convergence of Financial and Managerial Accounting, 2017 Cherry Blossom Conference*, 2017 European Finance Association Annual Meeting*, 2017 AAA Annual Meeting*, and 28th Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting*
- Required reading for Professor Ed Maydew's research design course at the University of North Carolina
- Lead article
- Featured in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation
- 2017 Review of Accounting Studies Conference Paper
“Who Uses Financial Statements? A Demographic Analysis of Financial Statement Downloads from EDGAR" with Michael Drake and Jacob Thornock. Accounting Horizons, 31(3): 55-68, 2017.
- American Accounting Association Accounting Horizons Best Paper Award ($2500)
“Which Factors Accelerate the Voluntary Disclosure of Bad News?" with Terrence Blackburne. 2018.
- Presented at the 2018 UBCOW Conference*, Montana State University*, University of Kansas, University of Lausanne*, and the University of Southern California*
“Have the benefits to CEO purchases been understated?” with Christopher Armstrong and Terrence Blackburne. 2018.
- Presented at New York University*, Duke University, University of Washington, University of Rochester*, University of Minnesota*, University of Virginia*, and University of Michigan
“Corporate Governance and Tax Planning: Evidence from Stock Ownership Plans” with Jaewoo Kim and Ryan Wilson. 2018.
- Presented at the 2016 ATA Midyear Meeting*, 2016 AAA Annual Meeting*, Stanford University*, University of Washington, the Ohio State University, and University of Arkansas*
“Equity Transactions and Type I and II Errors when Identifying Glamor Firms" with Robert Raney and Steven Savoy. 2018.
- Presented at the University of Washington, 2016 Western Region Meeting*, 2015 UBCOW Conference, and the University of Colorado
* - Presentation by coauthor